Motor Circuit Analysis
Testing can be tracked and trended to determine reliability of equipment
Motor circuit analysis is effective in assessing any electrical windings and can be used for all types of motors and generators, even transformers.
When one of your motors has just stopped running and your production has stopped you'll be asking yourself whether the problem is mechanical or electrical, whether it's the drive, overload, connections or capacitors. Finding the cause of the problem could take hours and cause production loss. Besides questing the root of the the problem, the biggest questions business owners should be asking at this stage is whether or not they were able to potentially identify faults in advance, avoiding unnecessary downtime?
JWA is able to assist businesses in avoiding unplanned downtime by conducting test on the motor circuit and supplying a detailed report in order for corrective and preventative measures to be carried out.
The majority of motor faults start as shorted turns within the wingdings. In addition, poor connections, winding contamination, and rotor issues all lead to motor failure.
Some Facts about Winding faults:
- They Usually start in the end-turns of the windings where stress is greatest, and the insulation system is the weakest.
- They start small, and escalate over time
- They sometimes progress to a ground fault
- They always end in motor failure
- You can't detect them with a MegOhm meter or DMM until the motor has totally failed.
Let us help you to get the best performance out of your motor
The Common Problems:
- MegOhm meters and DMM meters only detect faults close to failure.
-The naked eye can not detect a electrical fault inside of the motor while it is running
- Unplanned downtime and loss of production
We Provide the following Solutions:
- Do MCA to record and trend values over time
- Detailed reports of equipment performance and reliability
- Recommendations of actions to take for optimum equipment reliability